* ADANI POWER: The company, Neyveli Lignite and Singapore-based Sembcorp Industries are in the race to acquire majority stake in GMR INFRASTRUCTURE's 1,370-mw thermal power plant in Chhattisgarh.
* ATUL AUTO: Sold 2,890 vehicles in December, up 13.07% on year.
* COAL INDIA: Production rose 0.8% on year to 54.63 mln tn in December, which is 93% of its target of 58.89 mln tn for the month.
* EICHER MOTORS: Total motorcycle sales in December were 66,968 units, up 17% on year.
* ESSAR SECURITIES: Promoter Essar Capital has sold 74,000 shares or 0.5% stake in the company at 8.18 rupees per share in a bulk deal on the BSE.
* FUTURE CONSUMER: Has allotted 66.86 mln shares to International Finance Corp, against the latter's compulsorily convertible debentures.
* GAIL INDIA: Commissioned rooftop photovoltaic system power plant at Pata petrochemical unit in Madhya Pradesh.
* GOLDEN TOBACCO: Plus Corporate Ventures, Director Pramod Jain, and JP Financial have issued an open offer to buy 25% stake or 4.4 mln shares of the company for 101 rupees per share.
* GUJARAT NRE COKE: The committee of creditors has rejected the lone resolution proposal received within the 270- day deadline under the insolvency code. However, the promoters are moving a higher court, seeking more time.
* IDEA CELLULAR: Board will meet on Thursday to consider raising funds through equity.
* INFOSYS: Salil Parekh is all set to take charge as the company's chief executive officer today.
* INTERGLOBE AVIATION: Announced that Indian sportspersons travelling for tournaments will be exempted from paying charges for handling of their weapons such as firearms, air guns, and ammunition.
* JSW ENERGY: The agreement with JAIPRAKASH POWER VENTURES to acquire 500 MW Bina thermal power plant in Madhya Pradesh has been terminated.
* NLC INDIA: Has commissioned a 130-MW solar power project in Neyveli, Tamil Nadu.
* OIL & NATURAL GAS CORP: Has made a significant oil and gas discovery to the west of its prime Mumbai High fields in the Arabian Sea.
* POWER FINANCE CORP: A consortium of financiers led by the company will lend 110.67 bln rupees to Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power for construction of three 660 MW thermal power plants in Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
* PRESTIGE ESTATES PROJECTS: Has approved buying out Singapore-based CapitaLand from various retail joint ventures for 3.42 bln rupees.
* PVR: Has opened a three-screen multiplex at VVIP Style Mall in Ghaziabad.
* RELIANCE INDUSTRIES: Arm Reliance Retail is planning to launch cameras, electronic wearables, dongles and tablets under the Reconnect brand.
* STATE BANK OF INDIA: Is set to initiate insolvency proceedings against at least a dozen defaulting companies including VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES after failing to recast their loans by the December deadline.
* SIRPUR PAPER MILLS: Has received initial expressions of interest from several potential suitors including ITC Group, JK PAPER, WEST COAST PAPER MILLS and the Kolkata-based Kohinoor Group.
* SML ISUZU: Has sold 974 vehicles in December, down 4.6% from 1,021 units sold a year ago.
* SRF: Has commissioned chloromethane plant and first phase of multipurpose plant at the company's chemical complex in Dahej at Gujarat on Sunday.
* STEEL STRIPS WHEELS: Total wheel rim sales in December rose 8% on year to 1.09 mln units.
* SUBEX: Uno Metals bought 8.7 mln shares or 1.55% stake in the company at 10.84 rupees on the BSE through a bulk deal.
* SUMEET INDUSTRIES: Plans to raise 600 mln rupees through a rights issue. It plans to offer three new equity shares for every seven held by shareholders of the company as on Dec 18.
* TATA POWER CO: The National Company Law Tribunal has rejected the company's insolvency petition against Meenakshio Energy, citing pending arbitration proceedings between the companies.
* THERMAX: Has received an order worth 3.27 bln rupees from a public sector company in western India for a cogeneration power plant.
* TRANSCORP INTERNATIONAL: The board will meet on Thursday to consider the recommendation of committee of board of directors for business re-organisation.
* TVS MOTOR CO: Total sales for December rose 39% on year to 256,909 units.
* UNICHEM LABORATORIES: Three funds of ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund have sold 1.01% stake or 915,298 shares in the company through the secondary market.
* VAS INFRASTRUCTURE: SEBI has imposed a total penalty of 10.2 mln rupees on 11 present and former promoters of the company for failing to make public announcement upon acquisition of shares of the firm.