Today's Stock News – 28.01.2019
Today's Stock News – 28.01.2019
* ADHUNIK METALIKS: Despite repeated defaults to honour its commitments, Liberty House of the UK has been given a second chance to claim control over the company.
* AUROBINDO PHARMA: Is recalling close to 500,000 bottles of blood pressure lowering drugs in the US after the American health regulator found certain deviations from Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations.
* COFFEE DAY ENTERPRISES: The company, it's subsidiaries and promoter V.G. Siddhartha have no tax liabilities, the company clarified in an exchange filling on Saturday. The company will take appropriate action to release the shares in the next few days.
* EMAMI: Has entered into an agreement for acquisition of Germany-based personal care brand Creme 21 for less than 1.5 times the latter's sales.
* ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK (INDIA): US-based subsidiary, Entertainment Network, LLC has entered into a time brokerage arrangement with a US-based broadcaster to broadcast radio programmes and content that targets the South Asian community in New York and New Jersey, both in the US.
* ESSEL PROPACK: Has clarified that the company or its promoters have no business transaction or
connection with Dreamline Manpower Solutions, which the Serious Fraud Investigation Office is probing.
* GATEWAY DISTRIPARKS: Has entered into a new agreement with Blackstone GPV Capital Partners (Mauritius) to acquire entire compulsory convertible preference shares and equity shares held by the latter in the company's subsidiary Gateway Rail Freight for 6 bln rupees.
* GOLDEN TOBACCO: Lender sold the company's 50% stake in Ashoka Golden Mall for 505 mln rupees.
* HEG: Raju Rustogi, chief financial officer of the company, passed away on Saturday.
* HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS: Has been granted approval to enhance its working capital limit to 60.50 bln rupees from 25 bln rupees, as sanctioned by STATE BANK OF INDIA and consortium banks.
* ICICI BANK: Union Minister Arun Jaitley on Friday was critical of the Central Bureau of Investigation, without mentioning the agency directly, on its handling of the Chanda Kochhar-Videocon case, which has now dragged in the names of various veterans of the bank, both present and past.
* IL&FS TRANSPORTATION NETWORKS: The company's material subsidiary, Elsamex SAU, Spain, had agreed to the initiation of voluntary insolvency proceedings in Spain after conducting a detailed analysis of financial risks and liquidity.
* INDIABULLS HOUSING FINANCE: The board will meet on Thursday to mull raising funds through bonds in one or more tranches.
* INOX LEISURE: Has commenced commercial operations at its four-screen, 762-seat multiplex taken on lease at Patrapada in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
* JET AIRWAYS INDIA: The civil aviation ministry has so far not received any representation from Etihad Airways PJSC for its proposed equity infusion into the airline, a senior civil aviation official said.
* JUBILANT LIFE SCIENCES: Has raised 1 bln rupees through issue of commercial papers on Friday.
* LUPIN: In a major setback for the company, the US Food and Drug Administration has issued six
observations to unit-II of the company at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh, following a re-inspection on Jan 14-25.
* KOPRAN: The US Food and Drug Administration has issued no observations to wholly-owned arm Kopran Research Laboratories' bulk drugs manufacturing unit at Mahad, in Maharashtra, after concluding its inspection on Jan 25.
* LARSEN & TOUBRO: Will take up the rejection of its 90-bln-rupee share buyback proposal with the Securities and Exchange Board of India and hopes to reach a mid-point on the issue.
-Is in "need" to book orders to build equipment for coal-fired power plants or else its production line
may go empty.
* MCNALLY BHARAT ENGINEERING CO: Has received an order worth 726 mln rupees from ESR
Warehousing to carry out civil and infrastructure works in Chandipur, Howrah.
* NBCC (INDIA): Received an order worth 2.28 bln rupees for redevelopment of World Health Organization - South-East Asia Region Office building in New Delhi.
* PENINSULA LAND: Launched two new phases at its affordable housing project in Gahunje, Pune.
* PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK: The government's order on sacking the bank's executive directors K.V.
Brahmaji Rao and Sanjiv Sharan came months after the bank's board found no criminal intent, and a "casual oversight" on the part of these officials.
* SORIL INFRA RESOURC: Has acquired 100% stake in Littleman Fiscal Services.
* SPICEJET: The Ministry of Civil Aviation has accepted proposals from 11 airlines, including JET
AIRWAYS INDIA, the company and INTERGLOBE AVIATION, for the third round of regional connectivity scheme. -Has been awarded two routes--Guwahati and Dhaka, and Guwahati and Bangkok, under the international leg of UDAN scheme.
* SUZLON ENERGY: Has announced commissioning of its second wind power project for HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS.
* TATA MOTORS: Bharat Sanchar Nigam has tied up with the company for a first-of-its kind machine-tomachine communications deal by which the state-owned telecom company will supply embedded SIM cards to transform the automaker's vehicles into smart cars.
* VEDANTA: Has no immediate plans to retire or take a non-executive role at his $18-bln Vedanta Group as he feels it needs his "aggression" and "risk-taking" ability to grow into a world-class resource conglomerate, mining mogul Anil Agarwal said.
* VIVIMED LABS: ECL Finance has invoked its pledge on 1.3 mln shares, or 1.57% stake, held by promoter BBR Projects, on Tuesday.
* ZEE ENTERTAINMENT ENTERPRISES: On a day when shares of Essel Group's flagship the company tanked by a third, the group head Subhash Chandra blamed some "negative forces" and tried to assuage lenders to promoter companies of paying dues. Reliance Jio Infocomm is likely to buy half of promoter Subhash Chandra's stake in the company, sources said, pitting it against international names such as Amazon, Apple, Tencent, and Alibaba, who are interested as well.
Posted by Rupeedesk