* COAL: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved a proposal to extend the central scheme of exploration of coal and lignite for three years and an expected expense of 18.75 bln rupees.
* ECONOMY: Finance Minister Piyush Goyal will meet members of the central board of the Reserve Bank of India on Feb 18.
* FINANCE: The Cabinet approved the formation of a unified authority to regulate all financial services in International Financial Services Centres.
* OIL AND GAS: Essar Oil UK acquired some logistics assets from BP. Will acquire stake in United
Kingdom Oil Pipeline, which runs the Kingsbury terminal, and 100% interest in Northampton Terminal.
* REALTY: Real estate agency Knight Frank India launched a Real Estate Sentiment Index, in association with National Real Estate Development Council and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
* STEEL: An operational creditor of Essar Steel has moved the Supreme Court against the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal's orders asking the Ahmedabad bench of the National Company Law Tribunal to decide on the resolution plan for the company on or before Feb 11.